From 30th March, 2022, we will be offering playgroup sessions for children aged 0-2 and their caregivers twice a week on a Monday and Tuesday.
How does a Playgroup Work?
Playgroups are parent/caregiver led sessions where adults accompany their children at all times. No teaching staff are present. Children have access to equipment and resources at Kakapo Creek and parents assist in the curriculum delivery on a voluntary basis. Parents and children (where appropriate) are also expected to help with the clean up. Because this is a time for parents to interact with their children without home distractions, we kindly ask that cell phone usage be kept for emergencies only while playing at Kakapo Creek.
What are the fees and session times?
$20 per session, $10 for second child. Daily playgroup hours are 10am to 12pm
How do I register?
To book your session times, phone Leanne on 09 4102181 or register using the form below.
What else should I know?
Parents/caregivers should bring :
- Morning tea / lunch for themselves and their child and a water bottle
- Change of clothes for children
- Take any nappies / rubbish home with you
- As this is a parent-led service parents will be expected to assist in small ways in the set up and pack up and cleaning of Kakapo Creek
- Sessions are casual – you don’t have to attend every session or come every week. But you do need to book and pay in advance as we have number limits and must meet Covid-19 requirements
- Online payment details will be given upon registration
- Parents / caregivers must wear a mask at all times (unless current rules change)
- From April 4 onwards parents / caregivers need to be fully vaccinated and show their vaccine pass (unless current rules change)